Welcome back to Tuesday’s Tasty Tips with Jane. This week… the last of the Top Ten Tortilla Tips. No. 7 is looking pretty good to me. Okay … so they all look good to this tortilla lover. For those that partake, please take some time to encourage Jane by commenting your family’s favs. For those that missed Top Ten’s 1-5, here’s a link to last week. Top Ten Tortilla Tips 1-5
Thanks Jane! … and thanks for walking the road with me.
Top Ten Tortilla Tips
The tortilla is your friend. I mean it!! Keep some of those flour thin round pancakes full of versatility on hand and you are good to go.
6. Tortilla Crisps. Place several flavors of 8-inch tortillas on a cutting board, cut into fourths, spray with butter-flavored cooking spray, and top with shredded Parmesan cheese and sesame seeds. Cut in wedges and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp.
7. Tortilla Piecrust. Spray a 9-inch piecrust with cooking spray. Place 4 (8-inch) tortillas in the pie plate, adjusting them evenly so that the tortillas come up onto the sides of the pie plate. Set your oven to 400 degrees and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the tortillas from the oven and layer with shredded chicken, corn, salsa, green chilies, crushed tortillas, and shredded cheese. Place into the oven for 10-15 minutes to warm through.
8. Tortilla Rolls. Spread an 8-inch tortilla with strawberry cream cheese, and then sprinkle with chopped strawberries and mini chocolate chips. Roll tightly. Place on a cutting board and slice into 12-inch thick slices.
9. Fruited Nachos. Cut 8-inch tortillas into fourths. Brush each tortilla with melted butter and sprinkle heavily with cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 400 degrees until crisp. Make a fruit salsa by chopping a variety of your favorite fruit; add 1 teaspoon of chopped mint and a splash of your favorite fruit juice. Place a dollop of fruit salsa on top of each cinnamon crisp nacho. Top with sour cream or vanilla yogurt.
10. Tortilla Tarts. Place a 10-inch flour tortilla on a cutting board. Brush a thin layer of caramel sauce over the tortilla. Add thinly cut slices of apple, raisins and crushed walnuts. Top with a tortilla. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with a mixture of sugar, ginger and nutmeg. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until warmed through. Remove from the oven, cut into fourths, and serve with a caramel dipping sauce.
You may also be interested in these posts: